The Inventors Workshop
My name is Corky Newcomb from Wolfeboro, N.H. and I am offering my presentation How To Create Inventions and Turn Them Into Gold to students in schools and colleges. This presentation leads naturally into Inventors Workshops, where students are challenged to dream up new solutions to everyday challenges.
For most groups, the Inventors Workshops take between one and six hours, are fun, creative and a day they will always remember. A typical session looks like this:
Introduction to Invention – Thinking Big
Challenge to Think Big: Tools and Techniques to make inventions happen..
Stories about how I created and marketed over 40 of my inventions.
Make your idea into something: The Workshop
[ break ]
Marketing your idea – How to take your idea and excite those about it, too!
How to get your idea ON and OFF the shelf. Excite. Inspire. Motivation.
Patents, Licensing, Risk, Fear, Serendipity, Co-Lab-Bor-A-Tion
Problems to Solve, Needs to Be Met and What You’re Going to Do About It.
Pitching your idea, voting and awards to the winners.
Through guided discovery, I help students find their own path to their invention, think on how it would be made, marketed and sold. Invention teams create their own inventions in record time and then each team pitches their idea to the class. Votes are then cast and a winning team is awarded prizes.
Students will leave the invention creation session with the belief and confidence that they can create inventions on demand very quickly which help them find a job in any growing company. It’s truly amazing to see their transformation and how they light up knowing that they are inventors and control their destiny.
I believe the future of the USA depends on innovation and your students creativity is the strength of the U.S.A. It is just as important as all of the other subjects your school is teaching them. If they cannot find a job when they graduate, they will be able to start their own company making and marketing their inventions.
I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about this amazing experience I can offer your students. I will challenge them to open their minds to new possibilities, and encourage them to follow their dreams. I can be reached on (603) 520-5178 or [email protected], and look forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much.
Best of health and luck!
USA’s # 1 Sports Inventor
About Corky Newcomb
I have been inventing and marketing over 40 exciting sports and other products since 1975, when I introduced my first NITELITE football, which lights up for night time fun. I will not only teach your students how to create inventions but also motivate and inspire them to make their ideas happen for their entire lives.
Some of my inventions include:
- NITELITE golf balls which were the world’s first lighted golf balls made near Boston for 24 years as well as nine other NITELITE lighted sports products.
- My AUTOMATIC CURVEBALLS and SLIDERS are endorsed by RED SOX star and Hall of Famer, Jim Rice and ORIOLES pitcher and Cy Young Winner, Mike Flanagan.
- I also invented electronic FLOATING GOLF GREENS, electronic TEE-TIME golf ball glasses, electronic Talking Autograph Baseballs and Hockey Pucks, NITEGAMES Family Fun Paks, Tennis Hand Exercisers, new LITE4NITE golfballs and over 20 more!
I’ve had some wonderful awards and opportunities as well, including:
- Speaker at the STEM Summit hosted by Gordon College for STEM elementary school teachers.
- Judge for the 2016 local and regional National Invention Convention competitions.
- Winner of the “N.H. Exporter of the Year” award for exporting to over 80 countries.
- Winner of the “New Englander” award for “Innovative Spirit” by the S.B.A. of New England.
- Organized the National NITELITE Golf Championship at the Doral C.C. in Miami televised by ESPN.
- Thousands of NITELITE golf tournaments held and millions of NITELITE golf balls sold.
- Organized Holes Fore Hunger night golf tournaments fundraisers for End 68 Hours of Hunger to feed N.H. children who need food on the weekends.
- Exhibited at over 200 trade shows.
- Owned and operated THE HERITAGE RESORT on Lake Winnipesaukee for 15 years.
- Graduate of the University of N.H. Business School and played varsity baseball there.
- Babe Ruth Baseball team coach and fundraiser for the league.